• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Android app costing? and what you advice?

Hello guys,

One of my cousin wants to prepare one project of android app related to education. He has talk to one company about the development. They suggested that he should go for android as well as IOS app together like this costing will be down. But if he will go for android app first and then later on for IOS app then it can be costly.

I don't know. Here I don't see more IOS users. So wonder if he should go for IOS version for now. What you guys suggest?

If it is cheaper why not? Even if it seems there are not too many IOS users there really is and many apps that I have come upon only work on IOS and they do prosper. I do suggest he does so he can have more audience for his app and have more success.

But with android and IOS costing is getting higher compare to only android. And we are not sure if we will going to get more users from IOS as in our country IOS users are quite limited compare to android. But in other way, if we are getting IOS users more then remaking IOS app will be cost higher. So I am quite confuse for this thing right now. I guess he should survey about this thing in local market before going for developing.

overcast

If you are outsourcing it then it is going to cost you from let's say 500$ minimum and onwards. You can get cheaper templates under 500$ but it'd be nightmare for you to maintain code. Hiring right set of people is one way to reduce future headaches. I suggest learning on your own if you have the time. You can also learn from Android Tutorials on YouTube. I suggest starting with basics and build your way up. My personal suggestion is learning on your own if you have low money. Otherwise pay some reliable company and then get the project done.

I suggest he goes for android app only for now because there are many users and he will have a guarantee that his app will be used. He can later invest in the iOS app after monitoring his progress and after he get enough funds to finance the second project.

If you are outsourcing it then it is going to cost you from let's say 500$ minimum and onwards. You can get cheaper templates under 500$ but it'd be nightmare for you to maintain code. Hiring right set of people is one way to reduce future headaches. I suggest learning on your own if you have the time. You can also learn from Android Tutorials on YouTube. I suggest starting with basics and build your way up. My personal suggestion is learning on your own if you have low money. Otherwise pay some reliable company and then get the project done.
That's what I didn't mean. The project is bit big, so learning by self can take longer time. I was asking either I should go for android app only or both android and IOS. Because if I will go for IOS separately later on , it will cost more. But right now I am confused because I don't see more IOS user in my country. So as it is local app, I wonder if I should spend for IOS right now.

overcast

If you're on low budget, don't bother with iOS. Because with iOS you need apple machine, plus you need more RAM to buy. In case of Android you just need any laptop or desktop with 8GB RAM and you're good to go. In case of iOS you need 99$ year subscription for development tools too. So not worth going for. As the cost of investment is more for iOS. So I prefer not to waste my precious money on something for which my returns are not even guaranteed.

If you're on low budget, don't bother with iOS. Because with iOS you need apple machine, plus you need more RAM to buy. In case of Android you just need any laptop or desktop with 8GB RAM and you're good to go. In case of iOS you need 99$ year subscription for development tools too. So not worth going for. As the cost of investment is more for iOS. So I prefer not to waste my precious money on something for which my returns are not even guaranteed.
Is it? Suppose my friend is not creating such app by himself and he is doing it via some company, then also he needs those desktop with 8GB ram and all that. I don't know about this information. Yes he is low in budget that's why he is not sure about IOS as here not more IOS user around. So for now he is thinking about skipping it. And I guess he already move towards that decision.

mbuzma

You mean the development cost ? I guess certain apps would be cheaper to develop for android/IOS than they would be for Windows, but outsourcing is definitely going to be expensive . The important question is - will he charge for the app ?
That way he could at least get his investment back in a certain amount of time.

As for the Android vs iOS dilemma, if I had to pick just one it would be Android as it almost certainly has a much higher user base than iOS, but most developers opt to develop for both platforms, so I guess it would pay off to develop for both, IF he intends to charge for the app.

Top Bottom