• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

15 letters domain name

So, what do you guys think of a 15 letters domain name?
Even though the domain name makes sense in every way, do you think that it's just too long?

animemangaforum.com it's a domain name with a targeted niche. So, what if I change the domain to amf.com? Even though it is easy to remember, it doesn't really make any sense. Do you think it's a good approach to shorten the URL?

You don't need to think that it's hard to type or not. Even the fact is we don't want people to type the domain. Rather search some of the portions of the domain. After that in search results select our domain. Also, when we open a site once in a browser and next time we don't need to type the whole domain name. The browser automatically types the rest of the name for us.

Your only focus must be a niche related domain with keywords. That would be an awesome domain name for any blog or website.

Your domain name is a combination of words that give sense, as you have examplified on the thread, I think it is perfectly fine. However, you must be aware that short domain names are more attractive compared to long domain. For example, you can try to modify your domain as animeforum or fagmaforum because anime and magma both refer to Japanese cartoon.

Sharon

To add to what others have said I think abbreviating it would only take away from the concept of the site. Visitors viewing the link for example would be required to look at the description in order to see what it's about. I think it perfectly fine the way it is as well. My blog has 17 characters in the domain name (not counting the .com part as well) ...but it's unique enough where people wanting to access the blog can easily recite it and type it without giving it too much thought. Now if your domain name was something like ananimesiteforfanshere.com <---that's just way too wordy and not too specific. Animemangaforum.com is easy enough to remember in my opinion.

Top Bottom